Alces Flight is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alces Flight may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This page was last updated on 29th September 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have agreed to receive promotional emails, we may periodically send emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you have agreed to receive market research, we may from time to time also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
How long we keep the information we gather
We keep the information we gather for as long as your account is active. You can find instructions on how to deactivate your account under "Controlling your personal information" below.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is stored on your computer. Cookies have many uses including: helping to analyse web traffic, letting you know when you visit a particular site and allowing web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You might like to visit All About Cookies for further information about what cookies are, how they work and how they are used.
On this website we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about how our website is being used and allows us to improve it in order to tailor it to customer needs. These cookies store no personal details and we only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note that configuring your browser to decline all cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of websites that you visit.
The table below describes the cookies that are used on this website.
||Application||Contains session information.||Current session|
||Application||Flight Platform account sign in state.||
Current session (if you didn't select 'Remember me' on sign in)
Never (if you selected 'Remember me' on sign in)
||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users.||2 years from latest visit|
||Google Analytics||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you may be presented with a box that you can click to indicate that you would like to be contacted for direct marketing purposes. If you do not want anybody to contact you for direct marketing purposes, do not click the box.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time writing to us at the address below, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phoning us at the number below.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request your personal information which we hold about you to be erased by writing to us at the below address or phoning us on the below phone number. We will promptly erase all of your applicable personal information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:Data Protection Officer
4 Murdock Road
Or phone us on 01869 249065.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address, or phone us on the above number. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.